Saturday, March 14, 2015

A life of constant simulation

It's always about the next big thing. The next place to get a temporary high from, the next thing to do, the next reward, and all of this wanted in timespans much shorter than before. As the world gets smaller our appreciation for travel, reading, going out, work and play slowly diminishes as the novelty dies out. I would almost describe it as a glass ceiling to how much you can truly enjoy something. 

Almost like a trap that I've fallen into as well. We all need something to look forward to, right now, I just don't know what mine is.

Maybe if I find what makes me happy in the moment, I can extend it to mean much more than just a moment.

Until then, it's wait, deliberate, and sit with the problem till the solution makes itself so apparent I won't be able to help but smile :) yep, the thought's almost Einstein inspired..

If I had an hour to solve a problem I'd spend 55 minutes thinking about the problem and 5 minutes thinking about solutions. - Albert Einstein 

No comments: