Monday, March 9, 2015

Klunk

Aaaaand it's Friday morning, 9:31 AM, I am at work and no one is here yet, wowza!

So in continuation of my list:

I need to make a list of all the things I do not like about the corporate structure. Here we go:

  1. Restrictive work hours
  2. No space for emotions
  3. Self-promotion
  4. Need for networking
  5. Everything is about mutual benefit - what about just doing for others?
  6. A lot of times work is just created for the sake of creating work
  7. Pushing for standards does not exist
(At this point there were distractions, well that's ironic cuz technically being on this blogpost was the distraction to begin with - but essentially I was distracted from this distraction by what I was originally supposed to be doing. And now it's Monday morning and I'm on my way to work.)

Let's continue shall we:

  1. Restrictive work hours
  2. No space for emotions
  3. Self-promotion
  4. (Excessive) need for networking
  5. Everything is about mutual benefit - what about just doing for others?
  6. A lot of times work is just created for the sake of creating work
  7. Pushing for standards does not exist
  8. People get limited into "roles"
  9. Everything has to be through a formal system
  10. Making things more complicated than they are so as to provide job security
It just feels like the corporate structure is built on fear, as opposed to belief in opportunity. Such a capitalist dilemma.

Okay bye!

No comments: